San Diego and Humphreys Half Moon Inn FAQ
There’s no denying that San Diego is a fantastic place to visit. In fact, our irresistibly mild climate, 70 miles of beaches and abundance of unique local attractions all help to make us one of the most popular tourism destinations in the world. More than 35 million people visit us here in the metro every year! Nevertheless, there are still a lot of things people have questions about when it comes to “America’s Finest City”, as well as regarding Humphreys Half Moon Inn. Do you have questions? Read on for your Humphreys and San Diego FAQ.
Q: What’s the weather like in San Diego?
A: The weather in San Diego is one of the best reasons to visit! Temperatures here typically range from about 60°F – 80°F year-round. Warm sea breezes happen well into evening, and the metro at large receives around 266 days of sunshine per year (well above the national average). In short, there’s simply never a bad time to visit.
Q: Any advice on what I should pack?
A: Where you’re coming from and when you plan to be here can factor in here. Most Southern Californians would consider an average December day to be somewhat cold at about 60°F, while a guest visiting from Minnesota might venture out in shorts. Overall, it’s usually a good idea to pack for spring or summer temperatures. Just be sure to bring some warmer layers in case the temperature winds up getting a bit chilly at night. Also: don’t forget to pack comfortable shoes (there’s a lot of walking to be done if you’re visiting local attractions), as well as sunscreen and flip-flops for the beach. It’s also a good idea to pack a book, or tablet/e-reader for reading poolside.
Q: What should I know about San Diego’s beaches?
A: There’s truly a beach here for everyone! Whether you want to take in a sunset, learn to surf, check out some native wildlife, or just relax and soak up some sunshine, San Diego is the place to be. If you’re looking for a nudge in the right direction, our previous post “A Beach for Every Lifestyle” will help you discover which local beach best fits your mood.
Q: What can you tell me about the restaurants in San Diego?
A: San Diego has built a reputation as a “foodie” town one plate at a time. We’re not just a coastal city, but we’re located in California — one of the nation’s most fertile farming states. We’re also an international “melting pot” of a metro with a strong sense of international identity. That means our world cuisines are incredibly varied, deeply authentic, and nothing short of mind-blowingly delicious. Our colleagues at Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside put together a “Guide to San Diego’s Best World Cuisines” if you need some help deciding where to get started. Of course, you can’t go wrong swinging by Humphreys SoCal Dining & Music for a delicious dining experience.
Q: How far is Humphreys from popular San Diego points of interest?
A: Humphreys Half Moon Inn is located conveniently close to many of the theme parks, museums, beaches, and other unique area attractions many visitors hope to experience during their stay. Here’s a quick breakdown of how close you’ll be to some of the most popular places you may want to visit.
• San Diego International Airport: 3225 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101 — 2 miles
• Old Town: 4002 Wallace St San Diego, CA 92110 — 4.4 miles
• USS Midway Museum: 910 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101 — 4.9 miles
• Seaport Village: 849 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101 — 5.3 miles
• San Diego Museum of Art: 1450 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92102 — 5.4 miles
• Cabrillo National Monument: 1800 Cabrillo Memorial Dr, San Diego, CA 92106 — 5.5 miles
• Belmont Park: 3146 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109 — 5.7 miles
• Gaslamp Quarter: 199 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101 — 5.8 miles
• SeaWorld San Diego: 500 SeaWorld Dr, San Diego, CA 92109 — 6.4 miles
• San Diego Natural History Museum: 1788 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101 – 6.9 miles
• Barrio Logan: Cesar Chavez Pkwy & Main St, San Diego — 7.4 miles
• San Diego Zoo: 2920 Zoo Dr, San Diego, CA 92101 — 7.5 miles
• Petco Park: 100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101 — 7.6 miles
• Balboa Park: 1549 El Prado San Diego, CA 92101 — 8.2 miles
• Fleet Science Center: 1875 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101 — 8.7 miles
• Birch Aquarium: 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla, CA 92037 — 12 miles
• Scripps Pier: 8650 Kennel Way, La Jolla, CA 92037 — 12.5 miles
• Torrey Pines State Reserve: 12600 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037 — 19.7 miles
Q: What’s it Like to Stay at Humphreys?
A: Humphreys is truly one of the most inviting hotels in the metro. Our resort-style hotel is located on beautiful Shelter Island, which extends into the northwest San Diego Bay. We’re situated right next to scenic Shoreline Park, overlooking a serene marina. Our tropical-feel décor, world-class service, guest-first amenities and incredibly comfortable, well-appointed accommodations make us one of the most popular hotels in all of San Diego. Plus, our excellent on-site restaurant, elegant events spaces, and not one but two renowned live performance venues mean that we’re a destination unto ourselves. So be sure to check out our Special Offers page if you’re planning a trip to San Diego!
Q: Does Humphreys offer a Pool? Wi-Fi? Fitness center? Room service?
A: Yes, yes, yes and yes! In fact, we offer many guest-service creature comforts we simply don’t have the space to mention here. So if you have any additional questions about what you can look forward to during your visit to Humphreys Half Moon Inn, please feel free to look at our Frequently Asked Questions page. And if you’re wondering about something we didn’t cover, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team. We’re always happy to help you. And we look forward to welcoming you during your stay with us!