Shelter Island Fall & Winter Spotlight
The holidays are here, and we can’t deny how much we love celebrating! If you’re looking for great ways to spend the holidays in San Diego, we’ve got you covered. From Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve dining menus to special shows at Backstage LIVE, Humphreys Half Moon Inn makes it easy to enjoy ”America’s Finest City”. Read on for our overview of all the Shelter Island San Diego holiday 2023 happenings.
Music fans rejoice! Humphreys Backstage LIVE has a full schedule of amazing musical artists throughout the end of 2023. Upcoming highlights include:
- Thornetta Davis (Nov. 18) — Detroit’s “Queen of the Blues” has shared stages with Bob Seger, B.B. King, Ray Charles, Etta James, KoKo Taylor, and Bonnie Raitt.
- Jack Tempchin (Nov. 30) — The legendary hit songwriter behind the Eagles’ “Peaceful Easy Feeling” and “Already Gone”, Tempchin’s style is synonymous with the SoCal vibe.
- Art Sherrod Jr. (Dec. 3) — A titan of smooth Jazz, Sherrod also incorporates elements of pop, rock, R&B and soul into his signature sound.
- Chickenbone Slim (Dec. 4) — A 30-year fixture in the San Diego Blues scene, Chickenbone Slim serves up original blues and swing music with traditional covers.
- Gourmet Blues Music Series (Nov. – March) — Enjoy multiple A-list national and international blues headliners performing in our lounge.
No celebration is complete without some sippable cheer! Toast to the holidays with our Smashing Pumpkin — a refreshing blend of Tito’s vodka, Kahlua, pumpkin spice purée, a splash of cream, and a graham cracker rim. Or dive into the Harvest Moon Margarita, a bright and citrusy beverage featuring Reposado tequila, fresh lime, apple cider, agave nectar, cinnamon, and a sugared rim. Stop in and try one!
Spend Turkey Day with Humphreys SoCal Dining and Music, and allow us to prepare a delicious Thanksgiving morning feast with all the trimmings. Our annual brunch features festive favorites like fresh bakery, crisp salads, charcuterie, honey-glazed ham, Eggs Benedict, prime rib, a waffle station, and — of course — citrus-brined carolina turkey.
Join us for New Year’s Eve on the Bay! Choose between two experiences: Dance into 2024 at Humphreys Backstage LIVE! with performances from Detroit Underground, a high-energy dance band, plus party favors and a champagne toast. Or, opt for a more elegant affair and celebrate New Year’s at Humphreys SoCAL Dining & Music and enjoy a decadent 4-course meal and then dance the rest of the night away with Mercedes Moore with vintage blues, soul, rhythm & roll. Check out both offers here!
Liberty Station, located near our Shelter Island hotel, truly comes alive during the holidays. Their annual “Salute the Season” celebration offers visitors a wide range of events and occasions where they can mix and mingle and grab some yuletide snapshots — including the annual tree lighting, arrival of Santa, menorah ceremony, and much more.
2820 Historic Decatur Rd. San Diego, CA 92106
Every year, San Diego’s beautiful bay comes alive with the San Diego Bay Parade of Lights. This resplendent regatta features boats adorned with elaborate holiday decorations, cruising along the waterfront. It’s a spectacular sight, and you can enjoy it from various viewpoints around the Bay — including a front-row seat right here at Humphreys. Gather with the locals and visitors to witness this annual celebration of maritime magic.
We love celebrating the holidays. And what makes these festivities even better is YOU! Join us for the holidays and celebrate with live shows, special offers, delicious menus, and fun cocktails. Take a look at our special offers and book your San Diego getaway now.