Falling in Love in San Diego – San Diego Date Ideas
The most romantic month of the year has arrived and the pressure is on the plan the perfect Valentine’s Day celebration with the one you love. From land to sea, San Diego offers date night activities for a new romance, a long-term relationship, or even the entire family.
The New Romance
Spend your first Valentine’s Day growing closer to one another. Experience entertaining adventures, learn something new about one another and cherish your one-on-one time enjoying a new activity.
- Take a romantic ride in a hot air balloon with Sky’s the Limit Ballooning Adventures– 60-minute drive from the hotel
- Pretend you’re in Italy with a relaxing gondola ride through the Coronado Cays, Italian wine, and personal mandolin player – 40-minute drive from the hotel
- Find a hidden speakeasy downtown. Noble Experiment, Bar Three Piece, and Prohibition are our top picks for secret bars in San Diego – 20-minute drive from the hotel
Just because Valentine’s Day isn’t a new holiday for you both, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the moments that bring you closer together. Take your usual date night up a notch with drinking, dancing, and dining.
- Dance the night away at Humphreys Backstage LIVE – on-property
- Enjoy a night on the water for a romantic four-course dinner cruise around the San Diego Bay – 15-minute drive from the hotel
- Drink wine and paint a Valentine’s Day themed picture at Pinot’s Palette in Liberty Station – 9-minute drive from the hotel
Fun for the Entire Family
Shower everyone with love this Valentine’s Day when you include the whole family in the celebration. This holiday is a perfect excuse to plan a jam-packed day of fun.
- Get the family together for an old-fashioned drive-in movie Don’t forget the snacks! – 30-minute drive from the hotel
- Share an indulgent ice cream flight from Hammond’s Gourmet Ice Cream – 13-minute drive from the hotel
- Say hi to the Sea Lions at the La Jolla Children’s Pool – 30-minute drive from the hotel
Spend Valentine’s Day with Us!
- We have the honor of hosting gifted acoustic guitar duo Strunz & Farahat Humphreys Backstage LIVE at 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM on Valentine’s Day. General Admission tickets are $35 and can be purchased on Ticketmaster. Make an evening of it and book our Valentine’s Day Show Package which includes 2 General Admission tickets AND room accommodations to stay with us overnight!
- The fastest way to your partner’s heart is through their stomach, right? This Valentine’s Day, Humphreys SoCal Dining & Music is serving up a beautiful prix fixe dinner menu for only $70/person. Book our Evening Of Romance Package and round the evening out with an overnight with us as well as Valentine’s Day Dinner for two!
- Who says Valentine’s Day shouldn’t be celebrated every day? With our Linger Longer In Love Package, stay 2 nights or more during the month of February and receive a 1/2 dozen chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne! How romantic!