If you love college football, you'll want to be in San Diego for the Holiday Bowl on December 28. The event's in its 40th year and matches up teams from the Pac-12 and Big Ten conferences.
Kick-off is at 6pm, but the fun starts way earlier. Special pre-game events include:
• National Funding Kickoff Luncheon, 12/27 11am. Sit down to lunch next to players and coaches, enjoy a battle of the bands, and see great highlight videos.
• Carrier Johnson + Culture Marching Band Showcase, 12/27 6pm. The teams' bands strut their stuff in the center of the historic Gaslamp Quarter.
• Solar Turbines 5K Run/Walk, 12/28 9:45am. Race along San Diego's beautiful waterfront. There's time at the end of the run to enjoy the Holiday Bowl Parade.
• Holiday Bowl Parade, 12/28 10:00am. Bands, floats, balloons, and other great entertainment makes its way along the waterfront. Watch from side streets or buy tickets for a grandstand view.
• FanZone, 12/28 3pm. Test out your football talents at interactive challenges, snack on treats from great local food trucks, and sit down to enjoy a drink in the beer garden. FanZone entry is included with your game ticket.
• Technology Integration Group VIP Tailgate Party, 12/28 3pm. Enjoy beer, food, bands, and cheerleader performances at this great pre-game party.
• Pregame Spectacular, 12/28 5pm. Make your way inside the stadium and find your seat in time to enjoy the pregame show. There'll be parachute jumpers, a football field-sized American flag, and other entertainment.
Then get ready to sit on the edge of your seat to cheer all the great action on the field. There'll be an exciting half-time show, too, before the clock runs out.
Head back to Humphreys Half Moon Inn, located just minutes from the stadium. If your heart's still pounding from the thrilling action, take a stroll along our waterfront paths or settle in for a drink in our lounge before settling down to a great night's sleep in your room. Click here to make a reservation.