The year's biggest and best gathering in fandom, Comic Con International, comes to San Diego July 19-23, 2017. Mingle with fans and genre celebrities, play games, watch films, and have a great time celebrating your passion for the artistry of comics. There's a ton to do at the annual event, so come early enough to enjoy the preview night and hit the highlights through the next four full days of genre festivities. Here's what's happening at the con:
• Celebrity encounters. Hear from genre writers, artists, cartoonists, and other creative minds on panels, plus enjoy the chance to get their autographs. Some of the big names attending Comic Con this year include Stan Lee, Sergio Aragones, Joyce Chin, Roxane Gay, R.L. Stine, and J. Michael Straczynski.
• Films, films, and more films. Discover new international films and your favorite classics. Lovers of the Japanese style will head to the many anime screenings. There's a special kids' track, too, so everyone will find something to watch.
• Arts and collectibles. Artists and vendors will be on hand to display works in all media, plus collectibles to play with or to treasure.
• Fan style. The masquerade is always a highlight as fans show off their talents and transform themselves into comic characters and superheroes.
• Test your talent. Bring your work to get a portfolio review from pros, or meet a writer or artist to complement your skills and bring your vision to fruition.
Humphreys Half Moon Inn is just a few miles form the convention center, making it a great base for Comic Con San Diego. Enjoy your day with crowds of like-minded fans at the event, then return to our peaceful Shelter Island location to enjoy the night. You'll be near all the San Diego attractions, so add a day to your stay to see what our city has to offer once the comics crowd has gone home.